need valve help

im wanting to take the old valves in my head and put them in the new head. the reason is the valves in the new head are broken. as in chips on the bottom taken out. what would you guys recommend doing for someone who is very low on cash, and has a limited supply of help? im doin this myself along with help from my girls dad.

iv heard that the valves in the heads are seated meaning they are made for that certain head. is this true? i know i need to make sure all the clearances are tip top. should i get a lapping tool to help with this? and if so how much do they normally run?

if you guys have anymore info please tell me. im hopin to get this thing runnin by monday.

get some new valves for the head. undress it completely down. clean it all. take it to a machine shop , have new guides and seals put in it. or just new seals if the guides are good still. get some valve grinding compound and a seating tool. mix the compound 50/50 with oil , put some on the surface of the valve that contacts the head , the seat. put valve in head , place tool on it , spin back and forth say 5 times , take it out , check your contact. make sure its within specs. it most likely wont need much if the seats arent damaged at all. when your done them all , assemble the head and throw er on. its not that complicated. search online.

Archived