ebay intakes

hemz86

What does everyone think about the intakes that are sold off of ebay, both cold air and short ram. I'm considering either and am not sure as to which one is the better one to go with. Worried bout the idea of sucking in water in the cold air but thats only if it is submerged right? Well what would be wrong with like an ebay intake w/ a K&N filter on it?

If your installing an intake, short-ram is worthless IMO no matter if its AEM or e-bay. CAI are all pretty much the same thing & funtion the same both sucking in air. The filter makes the biggest difference K&N or other well-know name brand performance filter would be a good idea, keep it clean. You should have no problem sucking water if you have all spash guards in place, unless you drive in water higher than the air inlet. By-pass valve are a waste.

Hey I got my cold air intake form ebay for my 97 civic and I noticed

that it does the same work as any name brand intake. I got mine

for $50 on ebay. I have 1 year with it and its good. Just go with the

cold air intake.

my splash guards cut and my short ram doesn't suck in water. you really don't have to worry about hydro lock with a short ram, and even with the cai you have to drive though a crap load of standing water (pretty much submerge it) in order to hydrolock.

this is somewhat true. you will have to worry about choking up your engine. water will clog up the filter causing it to not take in any air. this happened to me twice with my old engine.

the DC Sports DAC is just a warm air intake. get a cheap 3" short ram intake off ebay, then get ahold of some 3" aluminum piping from home depot and make your own cold air extention. most CAIs or 2.5" or less, therefore you'll have a bigger CAI for less money.

Archived