Gear shift light

saturn

hello can anyone tell me how to replace the bulb on the gear shift or if ithas one, I know you can see what gear you are in on the dash but at night if you look down at the selector ,,,,no light . 1993 Honda crx Del la sol

Thanks you .icon9.gif

Kinda wondering how it is that you do not know what gear you are in? First click - reverse, second click - neutral, third click - go.

Anyway, the console on a sol is held in by a couple screws on either side of the console. Two are easy to get at and the rearward two are right at the corner of the seat and you have to kind of squish the seat cushion down a bit to reach them with the screw driver. Then the whole thing comes free. You most likely will need to remove the shift knob to get the console completely out of your way. Never removed an auto knob so I cannot help you there.

Kinda wondering how it is that you do not know what gear you are in? First click - reverse, second click - neutral, third click - go.

Anyway, the console on a sol is held in by a couple screws on either side of the console. Two are easy to get at and the rearward two are right at the corner of the seat and you have to kind of squish the seat cushion down a bit to reach them with the screw driver. Then the whole thing comes free. You most likely will need to remove the shift knob to get the console completely out of your way. Never removed an auto knob so I cannot help you there.

Hi Xeryon,

Thanks for reply, and yes I do know what gear I shift into but. I like to see all the lights in the cockpit working and looking good.

I will have a go at removing the screws and replace the bulb and thinking about it i might replace it with one of those new LED type bulbs I light the light they give

Archived