Strange ringing noise

Glowinng Face Man

Hello,

My 2004 Accord makes a strange ringing noise, which sounds almost like a telephone. There are two times it occurs:

1) When I first start the ignition

2) When I stop the ignition and then open the driver-side door

It's definitely a ringing, like an alarm or something, not an "accidental" sound like metal scraping or anything. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the controls, to the left of the steering wheel. It lasts just a few seconds and then stops. The weirdest thing is it definitely has something to do with the door, if I just park and sit, it won't go off, but as soon as I then open the door, it goes off.

Otherwise, the car seems to perform absolutely fine.

Can anyone suggest what this might possibly be? Thanks a lot :)

-Sam

Sounds like the car reminding you to take your keys with you. All Honda automobiles made after 1984 do this.

I'm pretty sure thats exactly what it is. My '99 civic does the exact same thing in the exact situations OP described.

I'm pretty sure thats exactly what it is. My '99 civic does the exact same thing in the exact situations OP described.

lol I thought it was going to be something with the engine. My key "reminder" is a really annoying high pitched string of 4 beeps, with about a half second in between the beeps.

Archived