97 prelude sh or 98 integra gs-r

shadoe1998

As far as stock power I owuld say the Prelude. H22A's don't respond well to boost though that is one problem. There are a lot more parts readily available for the GSR.

As far as style and design goes the Lude's got it beat by miles!!!! 8)

As far as luxury you can get both with the same options like leather, sunroof, power everything, etc. Luxury doesn't really matter on cars like these though. If you're looking for luxury take a trip down to your local BMW dealer!! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love both cars. I can vouch for either.

If your looking to keep it stock, i think the Lude is the better choice when it comes to performance, and looks (both interior and exterior). It obviously weighs more than the teg GS-R but it'll pull harder once u get to 3rd.

If your looking to spend $$ on aftermarket products, then grab the GS-R. It has much more products out there for forced induction and the likes.

Also, if your looking for uniqueness, then the 'lude is the only way to go. I see 1 Prelude for (at least) every 6 integras i see. Not necessarily all GS-R's, but the body is all the same. My brother has a 'lude, and i have a teg, and we constantly swap cars just because we have the luxury of having the best of both worlds :D .

I would rather have a 'lude though than my teg @ this point, but i'm saying for an NSX.

BTW, the leather on preludes are only leather slip on covers, the teg comes with actual leather seats... just thought u should know.

Also, if your looking for uniqueness, then the 'lude is the only way to go. I see 1 Prelude for (at least) every 6 integras i see.

It's too bad that's the exact reason why they did away with the Prelude line of cars. A niche had to be filled, and Integras were selling better than 'ludes, so out with the Preludes :(

But the S2k did a good job of filling that little "mid-performance Honda" car. :)

• 1 month later...

Personally, if you plan to do anytype of modifications to the car go with the Integra. I have a Prelude motor in a civic (not the same thing i know) however finding spoon or mugen parts is not happening. the integra is a better platform to work with and that is what i plan on picking up shortly. dont get me wrong i love the prelude, it just does not have the following or the parts available that the integra does. also stock parts through honda are even harder to get due to the rarity of the car.

Archived