Clunking when shifting into 3rd on 2008 5speed manual

Beholder

I've got a 2008 Accord EX-L i-4 5MT and for the past few months i've noticed that sometimes (not all the time) when shifting from 2nd to 3rd i get a clunking when i lift off the clutch. I'm trying to figure out how i can consistently reproduce this issue as it doesnt always happen.

Does anyone else have thsi issue.

I've got 10% oil life left so it'll be going into the dealer for service soon but my biggest fear is them not being able to reproduce the issue so was hoping someone else could shed some light on this for me.

A side note - i've always had issues with 3rd gear in this car, like it doesn't seem to go as smoothly into 3rd gear as it does for any other gear. When i first got the car i found i'd lift the clutch before it was in 3rd gear due to me not being used to it and it woudl pop out. Now i got used to it so it's not a problem but now its just the inconsistent clunking.

any ideas? thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

its as allmost as you have a tooth missing from 3rd so its slipping sometimes, could be a through out bearing, could be a couple dif things.

wrong with it, but thats weird only 28k on it, could be a poorly built trans, might just take it to a trans mechanic or a dealership so they can crack the case and look inside it.

Archived