90 civic only works in cold weather

Reaper Z28

i have a 90 civic dx. i think the distributer is bad. the car doesnt run when the weather gets hot for some reason. like today. it was cool this morning and the car ran fine. the sun came out and it warmed up and the car would crank and crank and crank but it wouldnt fire. i know its getting fuel and there is new spark plugs and wires from the distibuter. and i tried all throughout the day and it wouldnt start. then at night when it cooled back down it started right up. does this make sense at all? please help

i have a 90 civic dx. i think the distributer is bad. the car doesnt run when the weather gets hot for some reason. like today. it was cool this morning and the car ran fine. the sun came out and it warmed up and the car would crank and crank and crank but it wouldnt fire. i know its getting fuel and there is new spark plugs and wires from the distibuter. and i tried all throughout the day and it wouldnt start. then at night when it cooled back down it started right up. does this make sense at all? please help

Replace coil! Happened to me on 90 CRX! Would start and idle no problems, once it got warm\hot near operating temp, it would start surging at idle, and if you pushed on gas pedal, it would bog down and just die! Replaced coil and its golden now!

Archived