89 honda civic Dx hatch

kas1718

hi... im about to buy a 89 honda civic Dx hatch for $375obo...but the problems are the engine is out of timing and has lost a lot of compression,and the back inside has been gutted out also...im 16 and this will be my first car i was thinking it can be a project car and i think it will be a good experience for me...is there anyone on here that can give me advice plz reply

i say get it and make it a project car like you were saying..

whats your budget? im guessing since your 16 that your budget isnt too big

oh and welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

im gettin rusty, lol

thanks for the welcome and reply....i just started school this Monday and i had a summer job that ended and i plan on buying the car with my last check on Friday...ima go find me a job as soon as i buy the car so that i can start working on it a.s.a.p cause i dont want it to sit and mess up more than it is....

where do you live?

i have a friend that is trying to sell his JDM B16A complete swap with spoon cam gears for $1500, i know its probally out of your price range at the moment but if you ever come across that kind money i can probally find you a swap for a decent price..

but for now if i was you after you buy the car try to find a decent d series engine to roll around on and fix everything else on the car.. of you could try to rebuild the current engine that it has.. mainly depends on what you want.. d series can be fast and cheap to build but i personally like b series more..

i think youll get the best help from another member on here, adam.. he just sold his b swapped wagovan and just got a ef sedan that he's building.. he would be able to point you in the right direction with alot of your questions seeing that he has alot of experience with the oldschool civi's

adam is another member on here

and if you feel like coming to TN to pick up an engine you could do that, lol

im actually driving down to FL to pick up some recaros if this guy still has them on the 1st :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived