Just Bought 92 LS Teg B18A1

ace1henderson

ok guys i'm a moderate car guy but don't know much about my teg other than is an ls and the motor is a B18A1 it has 180,000 miles on it and i think i'm hearing the lifters which is a bad thing right (just started happening about 300 miles ago). I want to do stuff to the car to make it faster and don't really know what to do money comes and goes so it wouldn't be a all at once thing so if any ideas on what to do let me know or should i just throw the car away.

hit me back ill be around thanks

Hearing minor valve tapping is common in Honda's. If your oil is running low you will hear it louder. You can also adjust the valve lash. It is not difficult and is supposed to be an interval maintenance item. Very few people do it though.

Hearing minor valve tapping is common in Honda's. If your oil is running low you will hear it louder. You can also adjust the valve lash. It is not difficult and is supposed to be an interval maintenance item. Very few people do it though.

How would you go about adjusting the valve lash. First and what about the other questions and what cylinder heads will work with the b18a1/ best for performance and street driving cause the vtec head for the b17a1 is not easy to find and what would i need to make it work sorry so many questions will shut up now and listen to what ya'll have to say and as always thanks for the help.

Archived