Hardtop

CarbonXe

I'm currently in the process of selling my car so I can buy an S2K and I'm planning on getting a hardtop for it. However, before I blow ~$3000 for a hardtop, I wanted to find a few things out. I take it that you need to remove the softtop to install the hardtop. Approx how long does the process take to swap them? Also, is the removal of the hardtop simple? I absolutely love the look of the S2K with a hardtop, but I also want to be able to use the car as a convertible. Is this one of those 'best of both worlds' things, or am I going to have to basically pick one or the other.

I'm currently in the process of selling my car so I can buy an S2K and I'm planning on getting a hardtop for it. However, before I blow ~$3000 for a hardtop, I wanted to find a few things out. I take it that you need to remove the softtop to install the hardtop. Approx how long does the process take to swap them? Also, is the removal of the hardtop simple? I absolutely love the look of the S2K with a hardtop, but I also want to be able to use the car as a convertible. Is this one of those 'best of both worlds' things, or am I going to have to basically pick one or the other.

no, the hard top does not eliminate the soft top. the hard top is easily removed, but requires two people due to the bulk of it. otherwise, it just locks into place in the rear and has locks similar to a del sol's targa on either side.

Archived