Need Advice and Opinions

HonDad

I need some serious 4-Bangin’ FWD advice! I have been a GM-V8/F-Body freak for years. I bought my son a 94 Del Slow, bone stock D15B7, which seemed perfect for a 16-year-old budding GearHead. Well,…I decided to drive the Sol to work for a week or so,…totally fell in Love with the little thang!!!! I have parked my Z28 Garage-Queen. I found 265hp is not as much fun in suburb-traffic as 102hp of scamper, it is like shaving with a weed-eater Vs. an electric razor. One is a little too serious for the job at hand.

I now must have a Funda to commute in! If a Lidless D15B7 can generate fun above 4K-RPM, what would a H22A be like?!?!?!. My specs are a VTEC-car with a manual transmission! I like Civic SI Coupes, Sols and HBs, 4th-Gen Preludes, and Accord SiR-Coupes. An Integra is out,…I just can’t handle those dorky headlights. I’ll buy a Corvette before I’ll drop RSX dollars. I have found a second 94 Sol-S; it seems a little silly to have two Sols, but if it were a B16A3 or even a D16Z6 you would just have to call me SILLY.

Q: What is your Performance per dollar opinions and the Pros and Cons of the above listed Hondas???

Shoppin’ for Opinions,

i would get the base model del sol "S", because it's the lightest. then i would put in a del sol VTEC engine (b16a3). you could also step up to a 1.8 liter b18c1 (out of an integra GSR), which would give your LT1 a run for it's money. but i am assuming you don't want another fast car, so i would stick with the b16a3. that will be good for low 15s and high 14s.

oops, i forgot pros and cons.

i'll be honest, del sols are worse than other hondas in most every way. believe it or not, sols are heavy. the base "S" model weighs 2300 pounds, as opposed to the 92-95 civic cx hatchback @ 2050lbs. in addition, the hatch is more stable due to no sunroof (the sol has a targa top), and just about ANY part from an integra type r will bolt onto the CX.

but these differences don't mean much on a street driven car. if you like the way the sol looks and feels, get it! if you ever put in the GSR motor and some upgrades, you'll garage the sol and drive the Z everyday.

Agree. The Sol is one hefty pig. Imagine if they came out with the Transtop here? You'd get one heavy 2 seater with a weak engine. Fun car to drive, but as the blacksheep of the Honda family, it still has a pretty strong cult following. Anyhow, maybe I'm biased, but I'd get another Sol :D

Thanks for the Feedback JDM & BuddySol. Is a D15B7 to a B16A(1,2,3) Swap a simple bolt in, or do ya have to change motor mounts, clutch actuation, exhaust routing, and/or ECM-Stuff.

Have you guys found Honda Forums with more Car-Talk and less “Who’s getting Voted off the Island”. Give me some sites!!!! I’m on a steep learning-curve convert from RWD Big CID to FWD High Revers. I don’t want to waste time plowing through drivel. I’m lookin’ for Hard-Core GearHead information!

Any Suggestions,

sorry about all the bullcrap were workin on gettin it cleaned up but go to honda-tech.com and try nissanforums.com they are alot nicer and its alot bigger, plus they will teach you the wonders of making a good turbo motor

Thanks for the input and suggetions. I'll check back from time to time. For some reason this Forum's screen updates and jumps are the fastest executing I've seen!! Fast Screens, but too much non-car stuff

Solsociety.com seems good but the screens are SLOW

I going to checkout honda-tech.com

Thanks,

Archived