fast idle valve

anyone ever cancel there fast idle control valve? like via a block off plate on the IM and running the coolant hoses together. If so what was the outcome? I have a h22 a in a ej1 and it has a bouncing idle. Everything checks good and ohms out right. Just wanna hear some opinions Thanks everyone

If you live in a colder climate, your car will never know when it's at temp, so your idle will always be high. Up to you, but you're better off getting the problem fixed than bypassing it.

I wanna get it fixed, just not sure what the prob is. If i unplugg the fast idle sensor, it idles good, and smooth, but runs like crap. Plugged in it idles high(even after ive adjusted the idle screw all the way closed) , but runs decent. Im getting the right voltage from the ecu, and i have continuity on the switch itself. Taken the valve off several times and cleaned it, runs good for a while but after it gets good and warm the rpm's start bouncing again. Guess I should just bite the bullet and get a new idle valve

I wanna get it fixed, just not sure what the prob is. If i unplugg the fast idle sensor, it idles good, and smooth, but runs like crap. Plugged in it idles high(even after ive adjusted the idle screw all the way closed) , but runs decent. Im getting the right voltage from the ecu, and i have continuity on the switch itself. Taken the valve off several times and cleaned it, runs good for a while but after it gets good and warm the rpm's start bouncing again. Guess I should just bite the bullet and get a new idle valve

Probably a wise decision. Sometimes cleaning them can work, but if it doesn't you're stuck taking it off again to replace it. I always recommend buying a new one.

Probably a wise decision. Sometimes cleaning them can work, but if it doesn't you're stuck taking it off again to replace it. I always recommend buying a new one.

Speaking of cleaning the IAC, how does one clean it? I don't know how.

• 4 weeks later...

you take it off the throttle body... what i did, i just filled it up with brake cleaner, covered the holes, shook it for a few seconds, let it sit 5 minutes or so, shook it again, then poured it out, let it sit for about 15 minutes to dry, and put it on... worked for about a month before it started revvin up and down again.. i just need a new one...

for my 94 sol, the IAC runs about $75, and the fast idle runs about $180, which of course i need the fast idle lol.. the more expensive one.. just my luck lol

Archived