better timing=more power???

dkzayne

a buddy of mine was tlkin to me about tuning the timing and how we could make the car run leaner and get more horsepower he said around 40 more to be exact does anybody know how this works and how you truely go about doin it also what are the ups and downs of doin this???

You change ignition timing...not camshaft timing. You'll also have to run higher octane gas because of the timing advance. Honestly, it's a minimal gain, so up to you if the $.20/gallon more is worth it. You can also lean out the A/F ratio to make more power, but that also creates the potential to blow the motor.

well the guy thats helpin me has a nissan sentra ser spec v and i drove his car before and after he did the same and run runs way better and seems to have a considerable amount of more pick up could it be just his motor???

first - ignition timing is set the way it is for many reasons. physics mainly and the way the engine was designed. mainly combustion chamber design and compression ratio. im not gonna get too complicated here. set it to stock and leave it.

second - dont listen to guys with nissan sentras , lol.

Archived