low rpm backfire and near stall

seafoam92eg

ok so the deal is when im at low rpms and let off the gas and get back on(granny driving)it backfires. if i run the rpms up a lil then it wont do it but below 3k it pops. also seems like its struggling to run if u dont rev pretty descent takein off. its a 92 civic with 96 ls swap. only mods r header/exhaust and cai, brand new plugs so that aint it. i searched and nothin the same came up but if u find sumthin that worked let me kno! thx in advance!

ok so sum guy came by and looked at it and saw that i have the locash racing jumper harness on it and said i needed to run wires to certain sensors and blah blah blah. keep in mind im VERY new to the honda community so i kno almost nothing about any of this stuff

did he say what the jumper harness was for? i don't see a need for a jumper harness unless you are running a ODB2 (95+) ecu, however the cure for that would be to run a chipped OBD1 ecu to get rid of said jumper harness

i'm still gonna say timing. The check engine light isn't on is it?

did he say what the jumper harness was for? i don't see a need for a jumper harness unless you are running a ODB2 (95+) ecu, however the cure for that would be to run a chipped OBD1 ecu to get rid of said jumper harness

i'm still gonna say timing. The check engine light isn't on is it?

its an obd2 engine so yea its a jumper harness. the cel is on but im sure its because i aint runnin cats. i think imma jus swap to obd1 and get it over with. ive been told its a lot better for stuff like this anyways due to not as many problems. wish me luck!

Archived