what is the purpose of the vaccum line which goes to the rear engine m

nicolaselias

On my 97 Accord I have to change the rear engine mount and I ended up buying the rear engine mount without the attached solenoid valve.. If I plug that line and just use this mount what could be some of the possible side effects? What does this part and line do exactly?

Thanks

Nicolas

On my 97 Accord I have to change the rear engine mount and I ended up buying the rear engine mount without the attached solenoid valve.. If I plug that line and just use this mount what could be some of the possible side effects? What does this part and line do exactly?

Thanks

Nicolas

Get us pics dude.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=338710 is the part in question, I cannot get a pic of it at the moment but the mount that I have is exactly the same but without the solenoid valve attached on the side.

I cannot get pictures of it as I am away from the car, and I had to put it on as the old mount had snapped in half and I had to take what was available to me at the time..

But now that I am back in the US, I can get my hands on some better parts and I can decide if its worth swtiching back to the mount with the attached solenoid

wow, so far i havent seen any trouble with it apart from some horrible idle vibration.. to do with the mount itself and not the solenoid..

any more info will be apreciated

Archived