why does the car feel like im pinching the fuel line while driving?

polkracer

I have a 02 accord coupe 4 cylinder. it started feeling like i was pinching the fuel line when i was accelerating from a stop or a slow speed. when it starts acting up you can start to push the pedal to the floor and it wants to go but it starts bogging down and the rpm start jumping up and down for a few seconds. you have to take your foot off the gas and wait a second and push again and it clears up and goes. now it has started doing it going down the interstate. floor it and it clears up in a few seconds. i just put a new fuel pump and fuel strainer filter also drained the tank and put super octane in it this morning but that didnt fix it! no codes are coming up either! Has any one had this problem?

A few obvious things:

Check the air filter.

When was the last time, if ever, that any exhaust parts were replaced? Sometimes bogging on the expressway or under heavy load is caused by a clogged catalytic converter.

Make sure all of your spark plug wires are firmly attached.

i also cleaned the k&n air filter that day too. The car has a DC-Sports Ceramic Header and a test pipe high flow CAT resonator. but it has the stock muffler. my wife drove it to work last night, bout 30miles one way and it never acted up. On her way home this morning it acted up a half mile from the house. im gonna take off and test the injectors today.

ok the infectors seem to ne fine. and now i have replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, and plug wires. Cleaned the O2 sensors, map sensor, and got a new PCV valve. even cleaned the throttle body. I cant get it to act up, it just does it when it wants but now if i hold the rpms steady at any level while sitting in park and let off the pedal the car sputters and a few times it dies. restarts right up. What the hell!!! still no codes! nothing Does anybody know what im going through???

I am well aware of the intermittent issues and the headaches they give.

If the stalling in park is new then it obviously had something to do with the parts you just replaced. My first thought is that the plugs might be out of sequence on the distributor.

• 1 month later...

Archived