starter problems

Nevro56

I have a 91' accord wagon that all of a sudden wont start. The battery is good, lights and stereo will come on, It does not even try to turn over or click. I dont know whats going on

Please help cant afford to buy another car.

I have a 91' accord wagon that all of a sudden wont start. The battery is good, lights and stereo will come on, It does not even try to turn over or click. I dont know whats going on

Please help cant afford to buy another car.

check the starter motor. hook the battery directly to the start and see if it turns over.

check the starter motor. hook the battery directly to the start and see if it turns over.

Could be the PGM-FI main relay. To check the starter, put the car in neutral (if manual) of park (if auto). Remove the small wire lead that goes to the starter (the one that is not bolted, it is simply a slide tension clip). Take a single wire, touch one end to the positive battery terminal and then the other to the starter pin where the small wire was connected. If it cranks then the starter is probably good. Otherwise you can remove it and bench test it. Be sure the car it in neutral if it is a manual because it will want to move once you jumper it.

Otherwise it could be the main relay or potential the electrical portion of the ignition switch.

Archived