2004 Honda Accord A/C problem

Ann

I have a 2004 Honda Accord LX. The A/C doesn't work. The air blowed OK. But not cooling. The condensor was changed, and the compressor was changed . Now after the compressor was changed, it cools somehow. But if the temperature control dial is not dialed to the very low part, then hot air is blowing out, the air blows out from the righthand side vents is hotter than the air blowing out from the lefthand side vents. When the Max A/C is on, things become worse. If you have any idea what is going on, please let me know. Thank you very much.

I have a 2004 Honda Accord LX. The A/C doesn't work. The air blowed OK. But not cooling. The condensor was changed, and the compressor was changed . Now after the compressor was changed, it cools somehow. But if the temperature control dial is not dialed to the very low part, then hot air is blowing out, the air blows out from the righthand side vents is hotter than the air blowing out from the lefthand side vents. When the Max A/C is on, things become worse. If you have any idea what is going on, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Yikes. You might wanna take that to a pro. Many will look at it for free.

It may be that the system is over charged or the system was not properly vacuumed removing all moisture prior to recharging after the condersor and compressor was replaced.

Also it might be mechanical. The temp dial wire that closes the valve to the heater core is know to stick. Basically when the dial is on cold, if the cable is sticking the vavle to the heater core may not be truely closed. This can be diagnosed by manually move the cable connector located under the passengers side dash.

All this is based on the system not leaking. I would like to provide more details on how to tell you how to find the cable but I dont have the time right now. At least it is something for you to think about.

• 2 months later...

it could have something to do with the aire flow vents. when u switch ur ac controls from hot to cold or from ac to hot it simply opens passages allowing the cool or hot air to enter the cab. but if on of those doors were to get stuck in some way it could allow hot and cold air to mix cause it to be not soo cool . id check that out.

Archived