Type of car

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fast, reliable tuner. I have been looking at DSM's, but I have come to find out they are notorious for problems, the guys on their forums told me to come here and ask around.

With that being said, I'm looking for a Honda make vehicle which is quick, and looks good, and is somewhere in the price range of 5-8k. What model would be best for me?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fast, reliable tuner. I have been looking at DSM's, but I have come to find out they are notorious for problems, the guys on their forums told me to come here and ask around.

With that being said, I'm looking for a Honda make vehicle which is quick, and looks good, and is somewhere in the price range of 5-8k. What model would be best for me?

How quick?

I'm not going to be taking it to the strip, I want something that accelerates quickly, and can run a long distance, as I'm going to college 350 miles from home, and I need it to be dependable for that stretch of road. I do want it "fast" maybe like 12's on the strip, but more importantly I want it dependable.

I'm not going to be taking it to the strip, I want something that accelerates quickly, and can run a long distance, as I'm going to college 350 miles from home, and I need it to be dependable for that stretch of road. I do want it "fast" maybe like 12's on the strip, but more importantly I want it dependable.

Well, you have a couple options. You can pick up a mid 90's civic with a D16z6 and build it with vitara pistons and boost and get there....that will probably be within your budget.

Or you could get a 94-97 GSR Integra (I stop at 97 because of your price point), piece together a turbo setup, get a really good tuner and run about 300whp...with good suspension and tires, that will be quick enough for 12's. You can probably find a good condition 94-97 GSR for the 5,000 range which leaves 3k for the turbo setup. That's pushing it on budget but can probably be done.

If you want to buy something prebuilt....go shop around on Honda-Tech and you can probably find a honda running 12's for about 8-10k.

Archived