ACT v. Exedy

civi93ex

depends... civic's don't generally have a lot of torque to hold (aside from some hybrid swaps, etc). i'd say if the exedy holds more than enough torque, get it. but then again, there are MANY more clutch options out there. SPEC and ACT for example, have different stage clutches, best suited for your application. unless your civic is impressively producing 300 lbs or so, stage 3, etc isn't really necessary. but always, overestimate your car... you don't want to buy a clutch, mod your car, and smell the burning scent of your 3 month old clutch.

btw, i like the dual friction clutch, good hold and pedal feel.

unless your car is turbocharged/supercharged or you're running nitrous...get the exedy. its all you need.

but like the other noobie guy said...if you plan to do some serious stuff to your car, go ahead and get the act. you may not need the holding power now, but when you decide you want some serious hp/trq you'll need one of the higher stage act clutches. although, if you get one of those now it wont be too fun riding around in your low power car with high holding clutch. have fun trying to drive it :p

my vote = exedy, i was going to get one for the longest time but never really needed it...and now i'm selling my car so there's no need for me to put more money into it.

Archived