New car

Mazrim19

I just bought a civic ex 94 k on motor but it's automatic and I realy want five speed would it be easier to find another Honda that is five speed that has bad motor and swap motor or swap tranny

I have an automatic 01 ex :( I can't get rid of it thought because it's too nice. I've had it for years. A tranny swap is a lot of work and expensive so it would probably be better to get a manual Honda and save yourself the trouble.

Converting an automatic to a manual isn't that expensive. Just depends on if you want to take on the challenge it's slightly difficult and time consuming but it's your choice. It would be a good project for someone to do if you are wanting to learn how to do different things. Like I bought a 92 hatch cx and I plan on making it right hand drive. Not because I like right hand drives or that there isn't many around here I just like taking on a huge project and completely re-building things just to say that I did it. You can take lots of pics before anything is down then take pics throughout the rebuild and then the completion, put them in an album and take them to car shows. The hardest part to me was running the clutch lines and cables. It would be cool to see a tranny conversion build thread. :D If you decide to do it post pics.

Archived