1994 hatch

i have a 1994 civic dx with a d16a9 dohc in it. im just wondering what is the best way to start building up the engine? my friend that is big into jeeps said that i could make the rods longer making it a stroker engine but i didnt know if that would be wise.

A d16 in a dx honda is not a stock option so someone has already been inside this car swapping engines around.

What information do you have on the history of this car? This is relevant because your path will be a little different since you no longer have the stock setup.

well i thought that it was a d16 a8/9 because there is a pinned post of engines and the guy that i got the car from said that there was a new head on there from the jdm 91 crx si and i was just looking on wikipedia looking at all the d16 engine codes and it says on there that the head should be a zc head which contradicks the pinned post on here so right now i have no clue what engine i have.

i just went to the d-series.org website and they have picture of the zc its the same one that i have.so im positive that i have the zc engine

To be sure you will need to look at the stamp on the engine instead of relying on internet posts.

On your car the engine code will be stamped on a small plate on the front left of the engine block when looking at the car from the front. When you open the hood look down and to the left. just below where the head meets the block is the engine code. The plate is about 1in by 1in and will have the code embossed into the metal. You may need to clean some grime off to read it.

Archived