Installing Headlight Housing into 94

GReddy2319

I recently got a pair of aftermarket halo headlights for my prelude after someone hit my car and smashed the passenger side bulb. Whereas I moved the car and was not eligible for any insurance claims because of that, they were nice enough to offer me 300 bucks for it. The problem I'm having is actually fitting the headlight enclosure in. Compared to the stock housing the new one is spot on for shape and measurements. I cant get it to fit in between the subframe that sits behind the bumper and the metal that runs over the top of the housing and the housing attaches to. I know that there is something else that needs to be taken off the car but I cannot figure out what it is. Anyone give a step by step on how to replace the housings. Diagram would be nice. I can't find anything in the repair manual I have for the book. Thanks.

yeah... :glare:

Bumper, fenders, cornier lights, basically all plastic.

And before anyone asks me how I got the stock headlights out...I use a hammer. Comes out real easy in 17 pieces...heh

I managed to get the driver side light in but i really had to hit it with the palm of my hand to get it to pop in there. ON the passenger side the sub frame is bent and I cant fit it the same way anymore more. I know I have to actually fix the frame before I get it in anyway, but the way I got the driver side housing in was to violent to be the correct way. Im sure if that subframe is bolted on I could remove that and putting the lights in would be a breeze, I just didn't check. And I cant check now since I'm in VT and the car is back in NY waiting for me to graduate. But for the 2 weeks I have to remain here I thought that I might try to get an easier way to put them in.

So again, since its very difficult for me to explain to me what I did take off and what I didn't, it would be much easier if you posted a step by step, photos, or a link of how to do it and I can just figure out what I missed.

Can we please stay on the issue at hand which is the installation of the headlight. Try being helpful for once. I don't need lip. I need the step by step. The frame is going to be fixed.

i dont see why youre letting you backpussy bleed when someone is trying to help you.. if you dont like people being blunt on what you need to do then you honestly shouldnt be asking for help..

i would say fix the frame before anything, then everything should fit flush but seeing that ive never been in an accident that caused my frame to be bent, i wouldnt know too much about it..

and if youre asking us to research it and find it for you, you could do that yourself as well..

im sure more help will come after us but be patient and stop being soo butthurt if someone is being blunt and telling you what you need to fix.. it would be better to listen to what people have to say about it, rather than you taking off the subframe and putting it back together and possibly getting into an accident and hurting yourself :sleep2:

i'm saying that your headlights are not going to fit in properly if you have a bent frame, thats why you had to smash them out with a hammer. in a proper installation, you take the front bumper off, unbolt the headlights (4 bolts i think), slide the new ones on, and bolt them in. the issues youre dealing with from what youve said are due to a bent frame, so you wont be able to put your headlights in until you fix that first

Offering help? If you did not read my second post I said that I had already put in the driver side headlight. There is no bend in the frame on the driver side so it has nothing to do with a bent frame being the problem. I want someone to help me figure out what it is that I did not remove from the car before being able to install the headlight...I dont need people telling me to fix the frame first when I already know that fixing the frame is not going to solve my problem. And as far as doing the research, I have searched the internet numerous times for a guide on how to take it apart, and the repair book that I got for the car is not telling me, so if any of you happen to know of a site that would tell me then I would gladly take a link, but since I cannot find one, that is why I have had to resort to asking people that seem to prefer ignoring what I have already stated and instead tell me to fix things that I already know need to be fixed.

i'm saying that your headlights are not going to fit in properly if you have a bent frame, thats why you had to smash them out with a hammer. in a proper installation, you take the front bumper off, unbolt the headlights (4 bolts i think), slide the new ones on, and bolt them in. the issues youre dealing with from what youve said are due to a bent frame, so you wont be able to put your headlights in until you fix that first

refer to above post

Archived