Idle Problem in my DC2

cody480gsr

i have a 95 gsr with ITR cams and i know the mounts are bad but it has around 150xxx miles and wen i start the car it revs to about 3 grand until it warms up a lil but once it idles down a lil ways it jumps down to 1200 and keeps fluctuating from 1200 to approx. 2400rpms does anyone have any idea wat the problem is??

i have a 95 gsr with ITR cams and i know the mounts are bad but it has around 150xxx miles and wen i start the car it revs to about 3 grand until it warms up a lil but once it idles down a lil ways it jumps down to 1200 and keeps fluctuating from 1200 to approx. 2400rpms does anyone have any idea wat the problem is??

car always drove perfect til now... i believe the motor was rebuilt byt an integra shop around 90xxx miles so but really just stumped by this problem have checked sensors never replaced and no check engine so maybe someone whos gone through this could lead me in the right direction to solve this irritating problem

If you have a barrel style ICAV remove it and clean it. I believe you have a spring loaded IACV though, so with the engine running, the intake hose off the throttle body, spray throtle body cleaner into the port (hole) that is located before the throttle plate. Manually work the throttle to keep the car from dying. Spray it a few times allowing the engine idle to smooth out between spray. You may find that this helps. If it does, but it does not idle exactly where it should be, then you may have to replace the IACV. This cleaning method will work for the barrel style as well if you choose not to remove it (assuming it has that style), but again I think your setup up is the spring loaded style so cleaning via the method above is pretty much your only/best option.

I had the same problem but my fast idle valve was stuck so I just bypassed, or you might have a small vacuum leak

ya i read about that in a previous posting of yours.....but u also said it really created gas consuption problems....exactly how big of a decrease was it?

i have a b18 that had that problem, it was the a set screw on the intake mani that is suppose to have like glue over it from the factory so you cant adjust it, but people do it anyway to control the idle (not the correct way), it should be a flat head, spin it to the left when the car is warm and it should fix your problem......your computer is trying to fix its self and it cant because that screw is stoping it...mine still flutters but it's .25rpm barley enough to notice.....hope that helps you out instead of taking all that sh!t apart.

i have a b18 that had that problem, it was the a set screw on the intake mani that is suppose to have like glue over it from the factory so you cant adjust it, but people do it anyway to control the idle (not the correct way), it should be a flat head, spin it to the left when the car is warm and it should fix your problem......your computer is trying to fix its self and it cant because that screw is stoping it...mine still flutters but it's .25rpm barley enough to notice.....hope that helps you out instead of taking all that sh!t apart.

alright thanks man ill try that ive never messed with that cuz i know you can fucc crap up

• 1 month later...

I have messed with many honda that had surge problems. Take the intake off and look at the throttle plat there will be two holes on the throttle body the top on leads to your IACV the bottom leads to a detachable piece under the throttle body that has water lines running through it.

When it is surging put your finger over each hole in the Throttle body one at a time, to see which one makes it idle lower and stop surging when plugged. If the top hole makes it stop surging when plug then your IACV has problems, make sure your water lines are running through your IACV. If the bottom hole makes it stop surging when plugged, then look right under the throttle body at the piece that is detachable (it has water lines running through it). When looking at the throttle body there is a cap on that piece (on the side closest to the fire wall), it has two 8mm bolts. take that cap off and look in side the piece (you will have to take the throttle body off the manifold in-order to properly access this piece). You will see somthin with a ball in the middle and flat head notches on each side. Screw that plastic piece back in. For some reason it comes unscrewed, it has a spring on the other side, if you take it apart you will see.

• 3 months later...

Archived