PLEASE HELP SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH MY CIVIC

nairb

hello i have a 1997 honda civic and i am having very huge problems with it. it has about 98k. the car was fine until i went to drive the car and i was not able to move the shift knob. i had to insert the key into the shift lock, put it into neutral and then start the car. when the car is in neutral or park it would rev all the way to redline.the car accelerates by itself without pushing the gas pedal and the brakes are not responsive whatsoever. the brakes had already gone out completely once and i almost got into an accident just yesterday. i do not know what to do. does anyone know what the problem may be? please help. any advice is appreciated thank you.

THIS PROBLEM SEEMS HUGE. MAYBE WE SHOULD TYPE HUGE LETTERS TO ACCURATELY PORTRAY HOW HUGE THIS PROBLEM REALLY IS.

the car was fine until i went to drive the car

haha

But seriously, you have far more than one single problem. Take the thing to a mechanic.

Archived