h23a swap in 95 accord

h23vtc95accrd

i have a 95 automatic 4 dr accord sohc 2.2 and ive been wanting to swap a h23a prelude motor in it and convert the auto into a 5 spd trans. i have everything i need but havnt started the project yet...been waiting until i know exactly how it is done. -Engine Questions-im pretty sure im going to need custom motor mounts but besides that will it fit ok? -Trans Questions-i have trans shifter shift linkage and pedals is that all im going to need for the conversion and what kind of work is going to be involved in doing this? And also the motor that i have is non vtec. at some point i want to get a h23a vtec head and bolt onto the motor is that a good idea and would it work?

Thanks

Motor swap, auto to manual conversion, non vtec h23 motor.... sounds like you have a whole bunch of items where you didn't quite get what you wanted the first go around.

Depending on how attached you are to your current car it would be simpler to buy a 5 speed car.

Sorry to pawn you off, but you will find better information about this project somewhere like HondaTech, where numerous users have performed this swap and there are already how-to articles written about it. Otherwise, you will end up with a bunch of nonsense responses like the one posted above. While the person is intending to be helpful there is no real information in the reply that I would trust.

It has been done by myself for others, but you better have a lot of mechanical know how and have a welder. As posted above, best to get a five speed and go from there if you are planning on playing with it yourself.

It has been done by myself for others, but you better have a lot of mechanical know how and have a welder. As posted above, best to get a five speed and go from there if you are planning on playing with it yourself.

This is h23vtec95acrd's older brother i have done a few auto to man swaps in the past one was an 87 prelude with parts from ebay and an 89 teg aut to zc+man and i was even dumb enough to take 2 87 accords one lx and one lxi and completely swap one from carb to mpfi ( tank fuel lines motor auto to man interior etc ) so im no stranger to work. what were looking for is some help on what parts we will need ( complete shifter assy. clutch pedal axles motor mounts etc ) the car will be swapped in a few days once started so i need to make sure we have all the parts before we start. any help is appreciated thanks O and dont worry about my welder i just sharpened it

Archived