Boost Lope

So, is there a way to make a boosted Civic not lope like hell? I have about a 400RPM lope range.

Cleaned the IAC, FITV, all vac lines sprayed with carb cleaner, no leaks.

Would 450cc injectors cause a lope at idle? And smooth out on acceleration

The person I bought it from said the ECU was tuned by Chrome to run the setup.

A friend of mine who used to run a turbo B18 had his dyno tuned and everything and still loped, he told me most boosted Hondas will do this.... Is that true? Because I would think there would be a way to even it out.

The person I bought it from said the ECU was tuned by Chrome to run the setup.

A friend of mine who used to run a turbo B18 had his dyno tuned and everything and still loped, he told me most boosted Hondas will do this.... Is that true? Because I would think there would be a way to even it out.

Tell your friend there is a lot to be said for tuning on the street as well, particularly things that affect driveability. A dyno will only get you in the ballpark, the fine tuning is on the street and track. I can't tell you much as each system is a little different. Find a good EFI tuning forum that supports Chrome and see if someone can point you in the right direction. 99% of the time it's some little fuel trim map that gets overlooked. I can tell you the Long Term and Short Term fuel values should be as close to zero as possible. Those are the values the ECU uses to adjust fueling in closed loop operation to achieve Stoich based on feedback from the O2 sensor. If the base table is out far enough the ECU will continually overshoot/undershoot which is why you get that idle lope.

I dont think it matters too much anymore... I have decided the time and money put into fixing the Civic, all the parts that keep breaking and or leaking, as well as the rusted quarters, leaking trunk, dented all body panels....it will be cheaper to get a different car.... not for a whyle tho.

So ill live with the retarded lope for now...

2000 Audi S4, AWD, 6spd, 2.7L and....factory turbo... Only 9k my cost!

Archived