d16a1? block swap

boy blue

would a d16a1 block work w/a VTEC d16z6 head? im just wondering because i have a D16a1 in my garage, and the engine in my car right now has a @$$ load of miles, would it be worth switching them out? would it be like a little ls conv.? or should i just sell that motor if i can, and go w/ something newer? ive been trying to sell it for about $200. i dunno? huh

woah.. guy the forums messed up.. i thought i deleted the whole question... cause it didnt post the first time so i got mad and deleted the question...

what are you talking about? you can't delete the first post in a thread. only a moderator/admin can do that.

as for your questions. i'm not the god of motors, but i don't see why a d series block wouldn't work with another d series head. thats just like putting a d16z6 on a d15 and doing a mini-me swap. would it be worth it? not really. it doesn't get you much horsepower (some, but not much) and its not going to make you much faster. would it be like a ls conv? ls is dohc...how can sohc be like dohc? just keep driving on your current motor, but don't dog it around if its got a crap load of miles on it. save up and do a swap.

when i started the question and it didnt post that was when i tried to delete it..

thanks for the answer... yea im getting deployed and i think i'll just save up and get a b18c or b16 swap..

like i said the reason i asked was because i have that d16a1 in my garage, just sitting there.. :)

Archived