CL Type-S 6 Speed Manual Transmission

Nop09

Hi im new to this forum crap! I just bought a 2001 accord 3.0 vtec AUTO w a bad transmission( got it for cheap) I hate driving a auto Its idkkkkk Gayy!but im in love the accord coupe looks!!!! Im a senior in high school this will be my first "own" projects, i have worked on DAs and civics before simple things like radiators, bolt ons like headers, exhaust, light suspension and simple body work. Im not stupid i can change my oil and check fluids like any other kid with a brian. I have many mechanics in my family so i do have help but kinda wanna go on my own with this project!!

I would like to know where can i get a hld of the CL Type-S 6MT? (been looking cant find)

How hard is it to pull the motor? ( that craps big and crammed compared to a b18,d16 ect) it is a v6 after all

anyone of ya done this/what should i watch out for ?

I know the swap is possible, They are the same motor and seen it done NOT MUCH THO

I also wanted to get some feedback about the j35 swap intead of the crapty j30 it almost has no aftermart part and is not that great, ligthy modded civics can pull on that crap !!!!

There is the Comp SC but 4k for 40hp that not cool sound like crap too!

i know i forgot somthing.....

I've heard of the tranny swap alone costing about $7000, let alone everything else. I haven't heard of anyone swapping the motor and the tranny, so good luck with that. Probably cheaper just to own the CL-S. http://www.v6performance.net might know something.

the link didnt work but you know where i can actualy purchase of these trannys ?

the link didnt work but you know where i can actualy purchase of these trannys ?

Link didn't work for me either, but I know that used to be a good place. That's another thing about that is the rarity of the tranny. Another thing that makes it expensive. You might just have to get lucky in a junkyard or online somewhere.

Archived