LSVTEC anyone?

Soooooo as you may know i wanted to turbo this thing a week ago... well i think a v-tec head would be more cost effective and alot safer, or would at least involve alot less prep work

Ive been doing alot of research and i think its my best bet. If i find a good deal on a head soon ill proly buy it and wait til i get a conversion kit and have a few people give me hand. I found this one that seems like a deal as of now... wada ya think? gsrrrrrr And what the heck does 230 psi across block mean? does he mean hp??

anyway this was a spur of the moment thing so we'll see what happens...

just please give some input :thumbsup:

He means 230 psi under a compression test. Those are good numbers.

Also, I say beware of this seller as he has a brand spanking new ebay account. (0) feedback. And his 1st item is a perfect GSR head? doubleyoo-tee-eff?

He means 230 psi under a compression test. Those are good numbers.

Also, I say beware of this seller as he has a brand spanking new ebay account. (0) feedback. And his 1st item is a perfect GSR head? doubleyoo-tee-eff?

yeah i know :-/ he said its got 105k miles and hes selling it because hes getting out of the import scene.

...after reading the lsvtec thread for this section it really syked me out. ...i didnt realize all of the extra crap that needed to go into this. I mean ive got a legit honda tuning textbook informing on how to do all this, but that thread really went into some crap i had no idea was going to be needed.

the whole spark plug, fuel pressure regulator, piston rings, magnetic oil drain plug, shotpeen ls rods, oil pan gasket (which i cn understand as maintenance) oil pump, breather box insulation??? ...just seems like alot of stuff that was never brought to my attention as a must?

i figured gsr/b16a head+golden eagle conversion=v-tec! not quite that easy, i know! :crazy:

Archived