Alternator i think???

awdracer6

Ok so here goes.... PLEASE HELP!!! Oh ok..

So i have a 1990 crx si. The alternator went out on it cause my volt guage in my dash was going from 10volts to 18.1 volts. Not good right. K so i replaced it and was sittin pretty at 14 for the next week. Then as im driving home it slowly drops from 14 then down and down tell it gets to about 8 (lowest guage goes). then as im driving my rpm guage drops to zero and my radio turns off then on.... Wierd right. So i changed the alternator again and had it checked. It was trashed too. Funny thing is when i bought that alternator i had them check it before i bought it. It was good! So i put the 3rd alternator on and drove down the road and everything is great right... wrong! So i turn the lights on bright and turn my flashers on and turn the radio on... now im down to 12 volts... WHAT THE CRAP!?!?!?!?!?! Both the 2nd and 3rd alternators were checked good before i put them on... but there not working. I replaced the positive cable and the negative. So what can it be?? What actually burns up an alternator? My cables are all tight and yes my battery is good. Its brand new and i took it in and had that tested also. PLEASE HELP!

Is there anyone who actually has a crx that knows what voltage there getting. I can ASSUME its a bad alt all day, but i dont even know what could cause it or anything. It ran like a champ for a week before it went bad the first time.

Archived