Stopped at a light and I turn my steering wheel the car starts vibrati

mashguy

I have a weird problem. Lately I noticed that when I am stopped at a light and I turn the steering wheel, the car starts vibrating. I did notice that my high pressure hose is leaking, but the fluid is close to full still. Anyone know what would cause that?.

Also when I roll the automatic windows up or down the car has a little vibration as well.

I thought that could be the alternator but I am unsure.

If anyone knows what these problems could be I would greatly appreciate it.

Also anyone know about how much it would cost to have someone replace that high pressure power steering pump hose?.

Thanks in advance..

The windows up and down thing is pretty common in a lot of older hondas. I wouldn't worry about it. The extra pull on the electrical system causes the engine to idle up a few rpm to compensate.

It is possible your PS pump is slowly going downhill. For the same reason as the windows the extra draw on the engine causes it to ramp up a few rpms to compensate. If you turn your steering wheel all the way to the max and then try to turn does it squeal, strain or make any other unusual noises? That is usually a good indicator of a failing pump.

The windows up and down thing is pretty common in a lot of older hondas. I wouldn't worry about it. The extra pull on the electrical system causes the engine to idle up a few rpm to compensate.

It is possible your PS pump is slowly going downhill. For the same reason as the windows the extra draw on the engine causes it to ramp up a few rpms to compensate. If you turn your steering wheel all the way to the max and then try to turn does it squeal, strain or make any other unusual noises? That is usually a good indicator of a failing pump.

No it doesnt make any weird noises when i turn it all the way.

It's not even a failing pump. When you turn the wheel you're making the pump work, thereby creating some drain on the engine. It's completely normal, and perhaps you're only noticing now.

It can be a failing pump depending on the severity and if it is getting considerably worse. Every Honda I have ever owned did it at least a little bit, even the brand new civic did it a little.

If turning the wheel to the extreme doesn't make the pump squeal then it probably is not an issue to worry about.

Archived