New Radio for '09 Accord Coupe

Danielb525

Good afternoon everyone..

Newbie here, be gentle. I have just purchased my first Honda, an '09 Accord Coupe, loaded minus Nav system. I am hoping to put in an after market radio but I have been told by two installer companies that the stock head unit controls the AC display. If the radio is pulled out, I will no longer be able to see the AC controls or anything else on the that screen. Is this true? Is there really no way to have a new radio and be able to see the clock/AC settings?

Thanks!!

Without looking at the book I think they are right. As far as whether it is possible to put an aftermarket radio in, well sure. Anything is possible but you better have an electrical plan for the unit before getting into it. Last thing you want is someone messing up your car so that you cannot drive it or have your ACC controls.

This isn't Honda-Tech. Everyone's fairly respectful around here. Sooo welcome. :D

I like those Accords. Post some pics.

I've heard there are a few difficulties with the newer gen Hondas as far as after-market sound systems.

I'm sure you could find a way to keep the stock unit in and just add another headunit to power the stereo, if nothing else?

Archived