d16y8 or not?

hey guys i just had a couple of quick questions and i was hoping maybe one of you guys could help me out, okay so right now i have a 98 civic ex and the only the things done to it are a catback, and a cia, what do you guys recommend? building this engine for boost so i can hold up a reliable 250-300hp? or just swaping it out for a b series? what would be the best bang for my buck, also something to consider is that i am a complete noob to the honda world well i hope to hear from you guys im open to any other suggestion thanks

If you are a noob I would stay away from the motor swap unless you have people to help you. I have had a jdm b16 eg with a full mugen exhaust a aem intake and tien suspension and I had a d16a6 ef si with an ebay turbo, ebay coilovers, and very cheap low compression pistons. I ran it at 10 lbs driving around and would put it at 15lbs for those fun nights :devil: . My ef was A LOT faster then my eg and i only had 3000 into it including buying the car. I had close to 5000 into the b16. But Even at 15lbs I only made 222whp. And in my opinion if you have people to help and you want that much power and reliabilty find a rear end wrecked prelude that is obd2 and take everything out you need for the swap and just get some cheap bolt ons for now until you can afford to boost it. 6 lbs on a stock h22 is safe. But look into a clutch, injectors, and a fuel pump when you do boost it no matter which way you go. And lightweight flywheel always helps. Just my two cents. I don't know everything though. But good luck and I hope you like whatever you do :thumbsup:

Archived