Antifreeze leak

nightshift customs 95

My friend who went to school for mechanics put it back on. I wasn't there physically, I live about 200 miles away from the car, but he said he looked up how to put it on, torque it down, ect and said he did everything right. It wasn't leaking into the block before the head gasket blew, only after it was replaced. I too think that the head gasket may not have been installed correctly, but my friend thinks that the block may be warped a little, which makes no sense to me since a head gasket blowing wouldn't cause the block to warp that quickly. The head was inspected shortly before the head gasket blew and is perfect, no problems, so it must be something in the bottom end.

My friend who went to school for mechanics put it back on. I wasn't there physically, I live about 200 miles away from the car, but he said he looked up how to put it on, torque it down, ect and said he did everything right. It wasn't leaking into the block before the head gasket blew, only after it was replaced. I too think that the head gasket may not have been installed correctly, but my friend thinks that the block may be warped a little, which makes no sense to me since a head gasket blowing wouldn't cause the block to warp that quickly. The head was inspected shortly before the head gasket blew and is perfect, no problems, so it must be something in the bottom end.

if it wasn't leaking before, and the only thing that happened since then was the guy "fixing" it, then all that i can really think of is something wasn't done right.

Archived