Custom Box

civic_ricer

307842_7.jpg

Alright, this is my current soundsystem setup. I really need to upgrade. I want to custom do two boxes, going from the back of the trunk to the beggining of the inner fender. They will be set inside so they are flush with the biggest point of the inner fender. I would just like some advice from people who currently have big system's in their civic. Mine is a 97 EX sedan. How well does yours pound? If you've done custom boxes, how hard is it and what materials are best? I want to use plexi-glass so you can see into the box and put some neons in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

do not use plexiglass. it may look good but doesnt give you as good of sound as regular closed boxes that are just wood. go to a couple of car audio forums and ask them because there is actually formulas and chit you need to follow when makin a custom box so that you get the best sound. what kind of subs are those? sony?

do not use plexiglass. it may look good but doesnt give you as good of sound as regular closed boxes that are just wood.
If you've done custom boxes, how hard is it and what materials are best?

i had a custom box made for my 89 blazer i once had, it was an OOOLD!!! 8 inch S10 solobaric kicker, the circle one not the square thingy, i got it from my cousin, the one with the 11 sec hatchback(click my sig for pics), anyways the solobaric kicker was in a custom plxiglass box, and damn it kicked pletty hard for an 8inch.. i think custom plexiglass box kicks just as hard as a regular one..

if you want to use plexiglass and you want to get a good sound you will have to get it pretty thick... but if your going to do that keep in mind, you might not want to pull up to someone else thinking your going to do mach10 or hyper mode bullet fast speeds with that 95-150 lb box in the trunk alien .

First of all, not to be a smartass, but I recommend you use the moeny you were gonna spend on this custom system and get a system that's worth a crap! Then even if you have it in just any old carpeted box, you can have the satisfaction of knowing that you don't have to turn it down when you pull in some where cause the Road Gears aren't wanging half as hard as the guy with the JL's next to you! Honestly, get ONE JLW7 and a JL 1000 watt amp and holy crap! You'll pound harder than hell!

Archived