5spd EX vs. 5spd. ZX2 focus

BadBowtie03

Hey I got my accord about a week ago and so my friend has this focus...Its a hatchback one 5spd ZX2 i think thats right... Well anyways we started off from a 5-10 mph roll in 1st gear and said "ready set go" with each other audible so we knew we had a dead start... Now we are even in first when we nailed it but then I had to shift to second and his car is geared higher than mine and red lines higher so he was still in first and pulled me a little... I was at his rear bumber then.. So then Im in second ring that gear out and he does the same.. no missed shifts. I go to third and Im still at his bumber with my nose.. but then when he hits third (later then I do since like i said before its geared higher) I start pulling ever so slowly and then i catch him at his door and then go to fouth and keep pulling slowly hes now at my rear bumper up to about 115-117 when you have to shift out of fourth and go to 5th... I didnt want to go to fifth since you have no power there since its Overdrive and I know I had him all the way up there but I shifted anyways then he passed my right when I did at about 120 mph... but he was still making power in fourth.. But then we slowed down... NowI wonder if we kept going and he went to 5th would Iever catch him again??? i dont know the top speeds of these cars... or i dont even know if it will pull in 5th... Will it???? any body know? But any ways i passed him once i got in 3rd and all the way through 4th so i consider it a kill or at least my cars go a littlemore balls... not like an EX accord has balls anyways but oh welll hope you enjoy... and yes I know its slow I have a very capable 11 sec chevelle... :cool:

P.S. There isnt a kill forum???

i've never actually raced a focus. i've had one try to keep up with me on the interstate but i was going about 125mph and i guess he was goverened (or maybe he just didn't have any more pull) at like 115mph cause he just couldn't keep up.

there isn't much pull in 5th unless you're in the interstate for a long stretch of road and you floor it the whole time. i've had my car up to 136mph in 5th (pushing about 6000rpm's so it can still go faster if i had more power, turbo, or maybe a nice little shot of nitrous to push it up there) but you're not going to get those speeds on a city street unless you do some work to the engine. 4th gear shouldn't be pushed past ~120mph (in my car its about 125mph, i hit redline in 4th at about 120mph), thats deep in the redline as it is, don't go any faster. in other words, get 5mph more out of 4th gear then shift up to 5th before something messes up.

does he have any mods or is he all stock? you guys should get on the interstate and let him get in front of you, then draft him to your top speed.

Archived