new integra....need help

masonracing4912

i have been racing honda crx's for the past couple years and i have decided to upgrade to a integra. i found a 1992 gs. im running it on dirt track. are these dohc reliable? how do they hold up? when they break what breaks? anything i need to know about these intgras? how can i make easy hp? i know thats a lot of questions. i really appreciate ur time. thanx! ill get soe pics soon!

i have been racing honda crx's for the past couple years and i have decided to upgrade to a integra. i found a 1992 gs. im running it on dirt track. are these dohc reliable? how do they hold up? when they break what breaks? anything i need to know about these intgras? how can i make easy hp? i know thats a lot of questions. i really appreciate ur time. thanx! ill get soe pics soon!

THe B18A1 is very reliable and you shouldn't have any problems for a long time. I can't say what breaks frist because they last a really long time.

Do you want info on more horsepower or on becoming quicker? If you want to be quicker than swap a B16 transmission or if you want LSD, swap in an Integra Type R Tranny. Both of those have much shorter gears and will probably help your track times more than the same amount of money in bolt on's for the motor.

You could also swap a B16 head onto your block for an LS-VTEC.....it all depends on your budget. The B18a1 head isn't the best flowing head, so it would do well as an LS-VTEC.

THe B18A1 is very reliable and you shouldn't have any problems for a long time. I can't say what breaks frist because they last a really long time.

Do you want info on more horsepower or on becoming quicker? If you want to be quicker than swap a B16 transmission or if you want LSD, swap in an Integra Type R Tranny. Both of those have much shorter gears and will probably help your track times more than the same amount of money in bolt on's for the motor.

You could also swap a B16 head onto your block for an LS-VTEC.....it all depends on your budget. The B18a1 head isn't the best flowing head, so it would do well as an LS-VTEC.

how much work is involved in doing the vtec head? this car is obd-1 right?? there must be a page that explains the whole job huh?? thanx

You can buy a LS-VTEC conversion kit that gives you pretty much everything you need minus the head. I'll try to find something and link you to it.

Golden Eagle Conversion kit

Link

You'll also want to pick up some ARP Head studs and a GSR Oil pump.

Here's a really good thread for you about building the LS-VTEC. Very detailed with pictures.

Link

Oh...and yes, your engine is OBD-1. To make it easier, find a B16a3 head. The a3 is the OBD-1 version.

Archived