B16a block???

jkm345

i just recently bought a b16a block..1st gen, and i want to noe if the b16 block comes with a girdle for the bottom to hold onto the crankshaft or no??because wen i bought it, it didnt come with one but when i look at my gsr block, my gsr block came wit it?

You bought a paperweight. It should have one. Can't mix and match main caps unless you know what you're doing and have the precision tools needed to adjust the timing after doing so.

b16a's dont have them , squirters but no girdle. only the B18C blocks and of course the D series are all girdled. someone i know should have known that , lol. and you cant mismatch caps , cause they are stamped with numbers on them to tell you where they go , another thing he should have known , hehe. numbers start at 1 on timing belt end , and count up towards tranny end. theres also arrows which point at timing belt end so you cant get them 180 off. theres also letter stamped on the block to tell you what size bearings you need for mains. the number that is stamped into the big end of the rod and cap also is size related. any given engine can have any combo of numbers on the rods.

Archived