1986 crx...doesnt matter what kind of car you have, anyone can help

hondakid360

Okay, so I bought this crx from and elder neighbor that is the original owner and he stopped driving it three years ago cause the cv axles started going out. The price was how ever much it would cost to transfer the title which only cost me $25 only cause he wasn't sure if any mice or anything got messed up in the engine. So I did all the fluid changes and it started the first time.

Video:th_crxandstuff091.jpg

I drove it a round after letting it run for like 5-10 minutes. Must say it ran great. Since the guy was very resposible with the car, it has never been wrecked/crashed. Oil has been changed at 3,000 miles or before always. So after driving it around making sure things work, i go to my nieghbors house right next to me and shut it off and waited for my buddies dad to come out so I could show him and then I started it, reved it a couple times for him(muffler was kinda rusted off the pipe, so I took that off and put a racing muffler that I had that I had got from my brother and we just used some clamps to hear what it would sounds like.) and then it just completely died on me, no power at all to anything. So I tow it up to my house to the garage and I figured it was a major fuse.

Found this:IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Took that fuse or what ever you would call it off and took the one off of my other crx and put it on there and fired it up and then the same darn fuse blew again. So I was wondering if someone know the specific problem or where there might be a bad fuse that might be bad and letting to much energy going through the one fuse that keeps blowing or if I need to spend some time and finding where the wires go and finding either some shorts or some bad fuses?

Also, the engine is stock 1986 honda crx si engine. Has around 196,000 miles

Thanks

Colten

Ok, well I cleaned up the positive connector cause it was rusty and dirty and replaced the 55A fuse and it didn't burn out.

So basically corrosion, was causing it not to make good contact, and therefore causing amps to shoot up! Good job!

So basically corrosion, was causing it not to make good contact, and therefore causing amps to shoot up! Good job!

Yeah, since crx's and probably some other cars with there positive cable having like 2-3 wires on the cable, well, like I pulled of this on that clips on the cable thing and cleaned that out and if that wasn't the problem, then I dont know what would of been. Fuse hasn't gone out yet, so I think I'm good. But just incase, I have an extra in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Replace the two harnesses that come from the battery (negative and positive). Buy new ones from the Honda dealership. Replace the shocks and struts, your alittle low and might have been for some time so you might want new bump stops at the same time.

Put stock air box back on and keep the muffler stock. People expect the CRX to be loud, keep it stock to be different.

Archived