car wont start by turning ignition

dez2121

I cant get my car to start by turning the ignition. i can bypass everything @ the starter by sending 12 volts to the solinoid, and the car will start. The starter and solinoid have been pulled off and tested several times and both are good. I have replaced my ignition switch,neutral safety switch,and all grounds. Still not getting any change, also im not getting power to half of my interior fuse box.Im without transportation please help, i need all the help i can get.

If you say the started and solenoid are good, then maybe you just need to check the wires, spark plugs...worst case would be the coil packs in the distributor, there fore needing your whole distributor replaced and not just the cap & rotor

2 days before i started having this problem I replaced all the plugs, wires,cap and rotor. i've check all my connections and wires and all are tight and good. The distributor is brand new i've only had it about 2 months.

• 3 weeks later...

i had the exact same problem with my 89 crx si. on mine it turned out to be a wire that runs from the ignition swith to the starter solenoid itself, had a short in it. instead of tracing the wire i got a haynes manual checked the wiring diagram. then i figured out which terminal on the ignition led to the solenoid and ran a new wire. ran it thru some existing wire loom, a little electrical tape and it was good to go. if this is your problem, just be sure and use the proper guage wire and either solder.

Archived