Looking for a Del Sol, input?

Orca89

The car is mine in all but writing now. I go down to Baltimore to pick it up tomorrow. I'll put it through it's paces, but unless this guy's incredibly good at lying, it should all check out. Won't be getting the front bumper until next month though, since it doesn't fit in the car and he'll be taking the bus home. Since he goes to college in Harrisburg, he'll drop it off on the way to college and get the rest of the payment. Probably a good thing I've got a month before I have to pay the full $3k... 'cause insurance and registration fees and the like are going to empty my account but good, haha. Thanks for all your help, support, ideas, and advice. Wouldn't have even found this car if I hadn't joined the forums to try and get in touch with the guy from Philly, go figure, :laugh:

what's the diameter of a Del Sol's wheel+tire supposed to be?

Stock S's came with 175/70's on 13" rims and Si's and VTEC's came with 185/60's on 14" rims, IIRC.

Given that I gave you the specs on the stock wheels and tires the formula is pretty easy to figure out... check that, it's not that easy. It's actually one of the more f*cked up systems out there.

S: 175mm wide tire, sidewall=70% of that width, that number x2 (2 sidewalls), convert to inches, + the diameter of the wheel (13") comes to... 22.65" or 23" for all intents and purposes.

Si: 185mm wide tire, sidewall=60% of that width, that number x2 (2 sidewalls), convert to inches, + the diameter of the wheel (14") comes to... 22.74" or 23" for all intents and purposes.

Ah, thanks. I had no clue how the tire specifications worked, I'm DEFINITELY going to be swapping the wheels at some point. The wheels that are on it, while the look incredible on their own (at least to my eyes), look pretty bad on the car... Especially with the color. 17" gold Kazera KZ-B's do not belong on a Del Sol. Different color, maybe. Different size, another maybe, albeit a slightly more optimistic one. It looks a little odd from behind...l Anyway, didn't get back from VA until 9:00, so it's not officially mine yet... :sad: Have to put up with Virginia plates for another day. I've got to admit, when I first got in... I was a little dismayed. But as I fiddled with the seat, adjusted the mirrors, and finally got it on the highway... I was impressed. I'd read things about the blind spots caused by the rear... struts? But it wasn't bad at all. Between looking through the mirrors and glancing behind me, blind spot sure seemed negligable. Took a while to get used to the short shifter and how loose the pedals were compared to what I was used to, but came to love that too. The car ain't perfect, it's got a few scrapes and scratches here and there, mostly on the plastic parts, so at least I don't have to worry about them immediately. The right headlight gets condensation in it, so I'll be putting in the JDM's, they sure look like they'll be awesome. And the D16 Vtec is sweet, it'll purr, grumble, and then roar. From inside at least, it sounds like a slightly muted muscle car. I love it!!!! Never would've found the car without you guys, thanks so much! :laugh:

I realize this doesn't show much, but it's going to be my desktop background for a while. I'll put up some good pics tomorrow when it's light out.

n731284971_1108867_1960.jpg

Archived