Removal Of Rear Speakers Below Rear Window

fubar

My Chilton's manual doesn't seem to have a section about removing (or getting to) the rear speakers.

The left speakers are not working. I can get to the one in the door, but I can't figure out how to get to the rear one. What's the trick?

Also, do the Del Sols use an amp with the speakers?

The previous owner switched out the OEM radio, and installed a Kenwood.

(I don't even know what the original radio would look like.)

• 2 weeks later...

first you got to take out the middle panel under the window, should be able to pull it right off. then there will 2 screws visable on each corner panel. take those out. then just pull them out. that simple. sry i dont got pics to show you.

What he said. That middle panel is just clipped on. It takes a fair amount of force to get it off. Couple screws and that's it. Shouldn't take you more then 10 minutes to replace both speakers.

The sol came with the all powerful Honda Amp. Conveniently built right into the head unit with a bumping 4 watts RMS, 8 watts peak!

Suggestion: If you replace your front door speakers make sure to zip tie the cables to the door frame so they don't dangle in the path of the window. Nothing more annoying then cruising along and you roll your window down and the speaker goes out.

Archived