starting problem

ArtyMillz

i have a 91 crx with a b16 and the other day it was the first hot day of the spring so far it was 95 and i started the car but i didnt wait for it to idle and i drove it down the street and shut it and ran into my grandmothers.....like 10 minutes later i go to start it and it wont start....i can hear the starter trying to work so thats fine and the distributor is practically brand new....so i was wondering what it could be....maybe a fuse blew? i mean the car sounds like its gonna start but it just doesnt catch

yea the battery is fine everything is brightly lit....and the ignition coil is brand new i bought a complete distributor new....the fuel pumps good too i can hear it turn on when i turn the key....so im thinking its a relay or a fuse somehwere

actually i checked the fuel pump and its not turning on....i didnt no just shuting the car off could break my fuel pump like that......will ne ef fuel pump work if i get 1 from the juink yard?......and before i jump to conclusions with that how do i check if i have a bad fuel pump relay or main relay?

When temperatures rise, and your car won't start, the Main Relay is *almost* always the culprit. When it heats up, parts expand and no longer work.

Agreed

yes becsause it was such a heat increase friday it was 75 degrees ansd saturday no lie the heat waved rolled in and it was 95 and the car started and rrove and then wouldnt start to return home....is there anyway to check the main relay? i thoguht i read somewhere like put yout finger on it and turn the key and feel for like 3 clicks?

yes becsause it was such a heat increase friday it was 75 degrees ansd saturday no lie the heat waved rolled in and it was 95 and the car started and rrove and then wouldnt start to return home....is there anyway to check the main relay? i thoguht i read somewhere like put yout finger on it and turn the key and feel for like 3 clicks?

PGM-FI Main Relay problems and fixes Try Here!!

Be sure to check your grounds , especially the thermo housing!

thanks guys i appreciate it....i listen for clicks i dont hear nething click....the site says listen for these 3 clicks... Turn ignition to ON (but not to START): Click 1

Check Engine light goes off: Click 2

You now turn the key to START: Click 3 ......i dont hear ne plus the check engine light never turns off like it should.......so main relay?

thanks guys i appreciate it....i listen for clicks i dont hear nething click....the site says listen for these 3 clicks... Turn ignition to ON (but not to START): Click 1

Check Engine light goes off: Click 2

You now turn the key to START: Click 3 ......i dont hear ne plus the check engine light never turns off like it should.......so main relay?

Most likely.

Archived