CRX HF: Gas Milage

solidus87

With the way gas prices are right now i'm thinking about buying a 1990 CRX HF. i found one for about $2000, but the engine has 192,000 milles on it. I was thinking about maybe swaping the engine, but i don't know anything about this stuff. I was wondering what engine could i replace it with, or even if i should, to give me good gas milage, but also have a little pep to its step. Also are there any other suggestions on what i could do to better the gas milage? Thank you for you response.

I also meant the slight mods were already done before I bought CRX and had owned it for a while before getting K&N filter! Sounded like I did it all at same time! :D

Also more is better! :thumbsup:

I also meant the slight mods were already done before I bought CRX and had owned it for a while before getting K&N filter! Sounded like I did it all at same time! :D

Also more is better! :thumbsup:

Do you know what cam and exhaust or have any suggestions?

You do realize that getting an aggressive cam isn't going to help fuel economy?

True that! Was nice and peppy compared to my buddies!

And I have no idea what cam it had in it! Was like that when I bought it!

If its an HF and there is no mechanical issues its should get 45-50 mpg easy. I have a DX with over 235,000 and I get between 38-45 mpg consistantly depending on driving.

• 1 month later...
With the way gas prices are right now i'm thinking about buying a 1990 CRX HF. i found one for about $2000, but the engine has 192,000 milles on it. I was thinking about maybe swaping the engine, but i don't know anything about this stuff. I was wondering what engine could i replace it with, or even if i should, to give me good gas milage, but also have a little pep to its step. Also are there any other suggestions on what i could do to better the gas milage? Thank you for you response.

Honda engines are made to run FOREVER hahah

Seriously.

You could put about 250k miles on it before you need to start worrying about anything really.

Unless its been sitting for a while you might want to get cheap tune ups.

etc. fuel injector cleaner, a GOOD oil change, use a couple cans of restore(can get it at autozone)

just simple stuff and you will get great gas mileage.

Archived