H22 questions

nluft

Im about to build an H22 motor for my accord. im kinda iffy as to what i should use. at the moment i only want it to make a decent amount of horse and torque but i will later be turboing it, so it needs to be able to handle the boost from my turbo when i put it on the motor. Im new to hondas so im not sure as to whats worth it and whats not, etc, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

not that much at the moment but i have an unlimited time frame im doin this as a hobby. i dont have anything else to do, so im gonna build a motor for my accord over the next year or so. i know its gonna costy me a fat pretty penny. Moneys not what im worried about i just wanna build it right so i dont blow anything up.

if i were you i wouldnt turbo it, the jdm spec motors have a 10:6:1 compression ratio us spec is 10:1.... you would have to build the block to handle the turbo and its not good to touch the h22 blocks. they are no where near as strong as a b series motor. i actually have an h22 accord. jdm spec. at the moment i have motor wise- 70 mil. throttle body,msd,intake,dc headers, 2 1/2 inch straight pipe, alternator unorthadox racing pulley, no ac no ps. i have a full suspension, full racing interior, cf hood, and the best thing is p28 hondata, the car right now is fast as hell. and the one thing i wont do is turbo. right now im saving up for dyno tuning, cams,valve springs and retainers, cam gears, over sized valves,port and polish the head, and port match the intake manifold. if i were you id go in the same path and fully build the head. if you build it right and all your components match and you have good chemistry wit all the parts you should run atleast a low 13, maybe a hi 12. like i said everyone i know and every shop i go to will say dont touch the block on h series. if you want to go with some thing different maybe even go f20b. the motor is stronger. 11:1 compression ratio, it basically comes wit stage 1 cams and the tranny has a shorter gear ratio and lsd. the motors block and internals is made of a stronger metal. down side is if anything in the block brakes your basically screwed. but all motor you'll put out more power. theres a lot of different choices. hopefully i helped. need to know anything let me know.

i appreciate the advice and i really like turbo motor but its was seemin like it would be difficult to swap in anything else besides the h22. From what you said about makin an all motor h22 that will runs 13's thats about what i want, nothin too crazy but something that gets up and goes. If you have some advice as to how i should go about buildin a good motor ill take it man. Theres no reason to refuse help on a subject im not the greatest with.

if i were you i wouldnt turbo it, the jdm spec motors have a 10:6:1 compression ratio us spec is 10:1.... you would have to build the block to handle the turbo and its not good to touch the h22 blocks. they are no where near as strong as a b series motor. i actually have an h22 accord. jdm spec. at the moment i have motor wise- 70 mil. throttle body,msd,intake,dc headers, 2 1/2 inch straight pipe, alternator unorthadox racing pulley, no ac no ps. i have a full suspension, full racing interior, cf hood, and the best thing is p28 hondata, the car right now is fast as hell. and the one thing i wont do is turbo. right now im saving up for dyno tuning, cams,valve springs and retainers, cam gears, over sized valves,port and polish the head, and port match the intake manifold. if i were you id go in the same path and fully build the head. if you build it right and all your components match and you have good chemistry wit all the parts you should run atleast a low 13, maybe a hi 12. like i said everyone i know and every shop i go to will say dont touch the block on h series. if you want to go with some thing different maybe even go f20b. the motor is stronger. 11:1 compression ratio, it basically comes wit stage 1 cams and the tranny has a shorter gear ratio and lsd. the motors block and internals is made of a stronger metal. down side is if anything in the block brakes your basically screwed. but all motor you'll put out more power. theres a lot of different choices. hopefully i helped. need to know anything let me know.

you have more than 1 header? whats racing interior?

why can't you touch the H22 blocks?

dude with the racing interior doesnt even know this apparently , but , lol. im not exactly what years there was , but some of the JDM H22 engines are CLOSED deck engines. making them a good candidate for boost. BUT. they still have composite sleeves. so to do it right , the block will have to be sleeved.

haha...header.... simple mistake. and i diidnt say you cant touch the block i just say its not good too. the othr guy is right too though some years are good canidates to boost. my point is though. how much money are you gonna spend building that block and the turbo kit and run low 13's to hi to mid 12's and you can basically run the same thing with fully building the head. if you build the block your going low compression. you already have 10:6:1 with the jdm spec h22. my point is you already have a good block to go all motor. its a hi displacement motor and you have hi enough compression. my opinion is all motor fully build the head. its more simple, cheaper, and you wont have turbo lag.plus your h22 might not be the right one for boost, i wouldnt take the chance. and i ment by racing interior type x matrix racing seats,crow enterprise 5 point harness, back seats were custom made to be light weight and match front seats, and a couple more light weight things. but crap... we all got our own opinions so pick and choose.

if a boosted motor is built right there will be very little to no lag so it will in turn out perform an N/A H22

Archived