Transmission wont shift

rudeeclipse92

I just got a 95 Si the guy i got it from had it sittin with the engine and tranny out for bout 5 years he had bought all the parts to fix it but just never did. Anyways i got the D15B jdm motor put in since thats the one he had gotton for it. Also he bought a Fidanza light weight flywheel and clutch for it also which was installed. After everythings said and done i get it all back together and get it runnin but the transmission wont shift like its not engaging all the way. I replaced the slave cylinder since it was rusted i even pulled the tranny back off to check the throwout bearing was installed right. But still wont shift, i had let the car run for awhile while i was checking everything and i got back in to check it again and noticed that it started shifting but it was still kinda rough. I checked the fluid level and its good. The book calls out for 10w40 motor oil in the transmission which seams really odd. Anybody got any ideas!!

Sounds like a linkage issue, possibly your cable has slipped from the anchoring point...??

Also.... Fluid wise.... I use Redline MT-90 It is the best I have found & improves the shift quality as well. It's pricey but well worth the money..... of course you need to figure out the shift issue first before you put redline in there.... would hate for you to drop the fluid in & have to drain it if the issue isn't fixed.

Hope I helped a bit. scot

Sounds like a linkage issue, possibly your cable has slipped from the anchoring point...??

Also.... Fluid wise.... I use Redline MT-90 It is the best I have found & improves the shift quality as well. It's pricey but well worth the money..... of course you need to figure out the shift issue first before you put redline in there.... would hate for you to drop the fluid in & have to drain it if the issue isn't fixed.

Hope I helped a bit. scot

the only problem is that it is the rod style linkage and not the cable type, it will shift fine when it off just when its runnin like the pressure plate is not engaging all the way. But i will definatly try the fluid out thanks...

yeah theres fluid in it. I got it to go into all the gears know but it is still stiff when doing it and you have to slam it into reverse to keep it from grinding.

Try the old "first then reverse" method. It's like this on all the civics I've owned, ya gotta put it in 1st for just a second and then straight over into reverse. It's second nature to me now. I'm so used to it, I do it in every car I drive. If I don't do this in my dd civic, it grinds like hell, but with this method, it NEVER grinds at all.

Try the old "first then reverse" method. It's like this on all the civics I've owned, ya gotta put it in 1st for just a second and then straight over into reverse. It's second nature to me now. I'm so used to it, I do it in every car I drive. If I don't do this in my dd civic, it grinds like hell, but with this method, it NEVER grinds at all.

i changed out the fluid to a little bit thicker and its starting to get allot better now, and the first and reverse method does work. Thanks for all the help.

Archived