No low end torque on D16Z6

92civichatch

Just dropped a D16Z6 in my 92 hatch runs great...vtec works and everything just i don't have any low end torque. i installed a header on the it but i don't think that is it, i also eliminated the caytalic converter too, i turned the distributor all the way to the right it seemed to help, but its idling to high when i did it. if anyone has any suggestions it would help.

you say it has no torque...in comparison with what? If it has less than the d15b7, then you have a problem. If it is your first experience with the d-series, it may have all the torque that it should. (it IS a 1.6L)

Now that cat elimination may be causing some loss of needed back pressure if there aren't any mods to the engine. That motor was originally built with the cat in mind.

spin the distributor back to normal. what kind of header do you have on it 4-2-1 or 4-1? also how do you plan on beatting the b-series mtoors, what do you plan to get done to it?

I put a 4-2-1 header on it, i plan on driving around with it for about a year then i'm taking back out and changing the crank, rods, pistions, and sleeving the block. and hopefully porting and polishing the head, and try running about 20psi of boost on it. i was wondering if it can take a 100 shot of nitrous stock???

Archived