Need help!!

crayzrooster

O.K. I see you think because Im new in here that Im someone who dont know crap right.Well guess again ,this car run 14.80.last year at the track on street tires,spinning almost 300 feet,all I want to know is if anybody knows if a TPS can make your car run like crap!?

O.K. I see you think because Im new in here that Im someone who dont know crap right.Well guess again ,this car run 14.80.last year at the track on street tires,spinning almost 300 feet,all I want to know is if anybody knows if a TPS can make your car run like crap!?

dude, just chill. alot of the guys who really kno what theyre talkin bout havent been on in a while. just wait, crap takes time. nd i was down in bumblefrack nd watched civics run mid to low 12s all day, 14.8 isnt that impressive

Not a bad time for a street tire GSR swap in a Hatch, could have been much better but not a bad time at all.

I assume the vehicle is stock?

mid 14's is pretty average for a stock GSR swapped EH

Edit: to answer your question yes the TPS can play a part in the car running like crap. if you are gettin a code for a TPS then change it out and see how she runs

Depends on elevation, really. Stock gsr swapped EH2's will run 15's and maybe even higher depending on where you are.

Try running those mid 14's in Colorado.

Back to the probelm, code 7 is the TPS. To desrcibe how to check to see if it is bad or a faulty/intermittent code would take an hour of my time, so I am not going to do that. First clear the ECM code and see if it goes away and stays away after driving the car through different cycles. Second clean the throtle plate (manually). Third if the problem comes back you will need to check the system to see if you have an open in the circuit or the TPS is bad. The testing procedure is simply voltage tests in the loop. Typically you are looking for 5v, then you have to determine whether it is 5v to the TPS or to ground. Or you can always replace the throtle position sensor and hope for the best.

Archived