water problem, Need Help!!!!

hondaman08

Ok here's the deal. Every time it rains the floor in my car gets soaked. It doesnt matter if I'm driving or if its just sitting there, it still happens. I've taken out the carpet and seats to see if i can find a hole or something but have had no luck. Anyone out there got any suggestions on what i could do to fix this? Thanks.

If it happens when the car is sitting, the leak is not in the floor. It is probably up on top where that trim piece goes and the water is probably traveling down through the a-pillar to the floor board. It could also be coming through the weather stripping around your doors. Sometimes water leaks in somewhere and doesn't surface inside the car until its behind the dash so you can't see where it's coming from. Use a hose on different parts of your car for 10 minutes or so at a time and see which spot get your insides wet. :happy:

If it happens when the car is sitting, the leak is not in the floor. It is probably up on top where that trim piece goes and the water is probably traveling down through the a-pillar to the floor board. It could also be coming through the weather stripping around your doors. Sometimes water leaks in somewhere and doesn't surface inside the car until its behind the dash so you can't see where it's coming from. Use a hose on different parts of your car for 10 minutes or so at a time and see which spot get your insides wet. :happy:

Couple of things to look at:

1. If you have worked in the doors (behind the door panel) and the moisture barrier plastic has been cut, water can back up at the seal and leak into the car where the door meets the plactic cover over the running board.

2. If the windshield has been replaced it could be leaking someplace on the seal. The water will usually enter under the dash and can be hard to find.

What it would do is these two things.

1. Take a flash light look under the dash along the firewall and the side kick panels for evidence of water dripping through or,

2. On a dry day take a garden hose and drape it over the car. Get in the car with a flash light and start looking. If nothing, move the hose to another portion of the car. If you take your time you can usually find the leak.

Good luck.

Archived